Descrizione : FINANCIAL TECHNICIAN. Azienda : US Department of the Navy. Posizione : Napoli, Campania
You will serve as a FINANCIAL TECHNICIAN in the Director for Resources Management, Fiscal Management Department of US NMRTC NAPLES IT.
- You will reconcile financial transactions to identify discrepancies.
- You will compare reports, transactions, or authorizations against source documents to determine their acceptability for further processing.
- You will maintain financial information (e.g., ledgers, budget formulation, financial data) in compliance with applicable retention requirements.
- You will analyze financial data to identify transaction errors.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.Supervisory status
Job family (Series)
0503 Financial Clerical And Assistance
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- This is an overseas position. You will be subject to and must be able to satisfy the overseas requirements of the 26Jul12 DODI 1400.25 V1230: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/140025v1230.pdf
- This position may require travel to places within and outside the contiguous United States which could include remote or isolated sites. You may be required to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- If eligible for permanent change of station, the appointee will be required to sign a transportation agreement to establish a Government time in service requirement of 12 months.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport.
- May be required to obtain a VISA dependent on the overseas country's laws/regulations
- You will be required to sign the Statement of Understanding for Overseas Employment acknowledging receipt and understanding of the statement of living and working conditions for this location.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This is a Financial Management Level I certified position per the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Section 1599d. You must achieve this level within prescribed timelines. Certification requirements are in DoD Instruction 1300.26.
1) Conducting analysis and evaluation of records to recommend solutions to financial problems;
2) Reviewing and maintaining general ledger accounts; and
3) Performing technical work in support of accounting, budgetary and administrative duties.
NOTE: This information must be supported in your resume to be considered for the position.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.Additional information
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
Tour of duty will be 36 months. Standard initial tours of duty are for 36 months with possibility of up to 24-month extension. Additional information is available from the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), available at: http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/Docs/perdiem/JTR.pdf
To learn more about the living and working conditions at this military installation and additional Foreign Overseas information, please go to: https://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Overseas/Pages/default.aspx
Pay retention will be extended to an eligible Department of Defense (DoD) employee who applies through a formal recruitment program and is selected for a position at an overseas location.
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- FINANCIAL REPORTING
- FUNDAMENTALS AND OPERATIONS OF FINANCE
- PROBLEM SOLVING
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All eligibility, qualifications, and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
SecretDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
You are required to provide documentation that supports the eligibility and qualification claims made in your resume and assessment questionnaire. You must submit the applicable documents listed here and those listed with the eligibilities you select in the announcement questionnaire with your application package. Applicants who do not provide supporting documentation that fully support their claims will not be referred to the hiring manager. Cover letter is optional.
A complete resume is required. Your resume must show relevant experience, job title, duties and accomplishments. Your resume must show complete information for each job entry to support minimum qualifications. The following information should be provided in your resume, but it is acceptable to provide elsewhere in your application package: employer's name, starting and end dates (Mo/Yr), hours per week, and pay plan, series and grade level (e.g. GS-0201-09) for relevant federal experience.TIP: A good way to ensure you include all essential information is to use the Resume Builder in USAJOBS to create your resume.
Are you applying for a promotion? If you are a current GS employee applying for a higher grade than the grade that you currently hold you must provide an SF-50 that shows that you have held the next lower grade for at least one year. Some SF-50s effective within the last 52 weeks will not demonstrate you have held the next lower grade for at least one year (e.g. General Adjustment SF-50 from this year). In many cases, we need to see two (2) SF-50s to determine time-in-grade and eligibility for promotion. If you are a DoD employee, you can obtain a copy of your SF- 50(s) from MyBiz.
Are you claiming membership in any professional organizations, or possession of a license, certificate or credentials? Check the Conditions of Employment section above to see if any are required. If you claim membership, license, certification, or credentials, you must submit a copy of said document in your application package.
Are you using education as a substitute for some or all of the experience requirement? Is there a basic education requirement for this position? Check the Education section above to see what is allowed and what is required. Any claims you make in your resume or assessment questionnaire regarding education or degrees MUST be supported by submitting with your application official or unofficial transcripts or a list of courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned issued from your school. While unofficial transcripts are acceptable for initial application, an official transcript will ultimately be required if you are selected for the position. You may submit a copy your degree(s) if specific coursework does not have to be verified.
Are you a veteran claiming 5-point veterans' preference or claiming sole survivorship preference? You must submit a copy of your latest DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (any copy that shows all dates of service, as well as character of service [Honorable, General, etc.] is acceptable) OR a VA letter that shows dates of service or service connected disability AND character of service. If you have more than one DD-214 for multiple periods of active duty service, submit a copy for each period of service. If you were issued a DD-215 to amend aforementioned information on the DD-214 you must submit that too. If you are not sure of your preference eligibility, visit the Department of Labor's website: Veterans' Preference Advisor
Are you a disabled veteran or claiming 10-point veterans' preference?
If you are eligible to claim 10 point veterans preference you must submit a DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty as described above for 5-point preference.
You must also provide the applicable supporting documentation of your disability (e.g. disability letter from the VA) as described on Standard Form-15 (SF-15). http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf.
Are you an active duty service member? Active Duty Service Members are required to submit a statement of service printed on command letterhead and signed by the command. The statement of service must provide the branch of service, rate/rank, all dates of service, the expected date of discharge and anticipated character of service (Honorable, General, etc.).
Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents contain personal information such as SSN and DOB and some documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove said personal information before you submit your application. You must provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Help This job is open to
Family of overseas employees
Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member who is, or was, working overseas.
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
- Military spouses
Current permanent employees of DON within the commuting area of the duty location listed for this position, Current or former time-limited employees that occupied a position located at a Defense Industrial Base Facility (DIBF) or Major Range and Test Facilities Base (MRTFB)